Sunday, June 24, 2012

Blog Design Swap for Beta or Critique?

We all have various strengths, and since we're friends now, I thought it would make sense to pool those strengths and all come out better for it! So, I'd like to make a proposal:

As you might have noticed, I'm not in the least graphic design savvy and have used a relatively standard bog template here. It's really not a good fit though, and I'd love to have something more personal. Unfortunately, my knowledge in this particular area is somewhere around zero and it would probably take me a really long time to come up with something that, in the end, will be sub par. So, this is where you come in, my lovely readers :) I happen to know that some of you excel in this area and I'd like to propose a swap of services!

Personally, I'm a pretty good critter (or so I've been told), and I'd like to swap a blog and banner design for either a full Beta read of your finished manuscript, or a 100 page critique, to be redeemed at the time of your choice. Any takers?


And, in case anyone else out there is in need of something writing/reading related which they could use a little help with, propose a swap of your own in the comments :)

11 comments:

  1. Me me me :D I love doing blog design stuff! I just re-did mine if you want to check it out. It is very bright but I wanted something summery, I can absolutely do something darker/different for you! If you let me know your ideas/examples of blog designs you like/etc. If you however want to go in another direction/with someone else I completely understand though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! The first taker :) Can you make something completely unique/customized? Or do you tweak other templates? And what would you be interested in swapping for - the crit? Or a beta read? This is so much fun :D

      Delete
    2. The one I did for mine I did on my own - the only thing I used from somewhere else was the banner, but I can do one from scratch for you if you want :) I would love a beta read though I'm not quite done yet, will probably be finished so it would be for the end of July/end of August, around there.

      Delete
  2. Great idea to get something you need. :-D Sadly I can't help you, but I got my blog's background by googling blog back-grounds. You'll find tons of them because you're on blogger. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them even come with banners (although I chose not to take that option).

      Delete
    2. I did consider that route, but I wanted something a little more unique - something I wouldn't see a replica of on another blog - and didn't want to spend forever trying to figure out how to tweak a template :D

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous idea! What a great way to help someone and get some help! I'm woefully inept at html - my blog is all the free stuff from blogger plus a free header!

    I hope you find someone to swap with!

    Also, you commented on my blog that you were interested in the Tricia Lawrence pitch contest, so I wanted to remind you that it's THIS Friday, June 29th. Between now and then, I'm hosting a "Critique My Query" hop. If you want more betas/feedback on your query before the contest, you can read the deets here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) And thank you for hosting the pitch contest - I'm super excited for Friday :D

      Delete
  5. I think your blog looks good how it is! If you are looking for cool blog backgrounds, I got mine at shabbyblogs.com and it was easy to install.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I don't think the blog template I have now looks bad, it just isn't quite "me", if ya know what I mean ;)

      Delete